I. General Provisions
1. The online store https://livcocorsetti4.co.uk/, operating at https://livcocorsetti4.co.uk/ is run by the company LivCo Corsetti Fashion sp. j. Leszek Żentała Wanda Żentała with its registered office in Koszalin, ul. Wenedów 1A, 75-846 Koszalin, NIP 669 10 11 296 Regon 330332301 KRS 0000321034
2. Contact with the Seller is possible:
a. via e-mail: email@example.com
b. by phone at: +48 94 3435 970
c. by post to the Seller's address: LivCo Corsetti Fashion sp. j. with its registered office in Koszalin, ul. Wenedów 1A, 75-846 Koszalin.
3. Before placing an order, the Buyer has the right to negotiate any provisions of the contract with the Seller, including those changing the provisions of the following regulations. Negotiations should be conducted in writing and addressed to the address of the Seller (LivCo Corsetti Fashion sp. j. with its registered office in Koszalin, ul. Wenedów 1A, 75-846 Koszalin). If the Buyer resigns from the possibility of concluding a contract through individual negotiations, the following regulations and relevant legal provisions shall apply.
4. The online store https://livcocorsetti4.co.uk/, hereinafter referred to as the Store, sells goods via the Internet. Orders are accepted via the website https://livcocorsetti4.co.uk/ After placing the order, the Customer will receive an e-mail request to confirm the order. After its confirmation, the order will be accepted for execution. Placing an order is tantamount to acceptance of the store regulations https://livcocorsetti4.co.uk/
5. All prices are given in PLN and include VAT (Regular Price). The regular price given for each product is binding at the time of placing the order. Shipping costs are added to each order. A retail VAT invoice is issued for the order.
6. If the Seller applies reduced prices in relation to the Regular Price, the Promotional Price will be given next to the product. In each case of informing about the reduction of the Regular Price - additional information will be provided about the lowest price of this Good, which was in force in the period of 30 days before the introduction of the reduction of the Regular Price ("30-Day Lowest Price").
7. If the price reduction occurs as a result of the user's use of the so-called discount code, the Lowest Price in 30 Days is the information about the Regular Price provided on the website.
8. In the case where the goods are offered for sale for a period shorter than 30 days, the information on the Lowest Price for 30 Days is the lowest price of this goods, which was valid in the period from the day the goods were offered to the day of the reduction of the Regular Price.
9. The store reserves the right to withdraw individual goods from the offer.
II. Placing orders
1. Orders can be placed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout the year.
2. The placed order, confirmed by both parties, constitutes a purchase-sale agreement within the meaning of the Civil Code.
3. Placing an order is understood as adding products from the Store's offer to the Basket, correctly completing the "Shipping details" form, in accordance with the information provided in the above-mentioned form, and confirming the order by clicking "Order with the obligation to pay"
4. To place an order, it is necessary to have an e-mail account and provide all the data contained in the form referred to in paragraph 3, including the buyer's PESEL or NIP number.
5. If contact is not possible due to the incorrect e-mail address provided by the Buyer when placing the order, the order will be canceled within 5 days from the date of placing the order.
6. Each order sent to the Store is confirmed via e-mail.
7. The deadline for order fulfillment is 7 working days.
8. After placing the order, the Buyer receives an e-mail request to confirm the order (list of selected products, delivery address, order value, payment method, shipping method and cost). The store reserves the right to confirm the acceptance of the order by telephone. Upon confirmation of the order by both parties, a sales contract is concluded between the owner of the Store (Seller) and the Customer (Buyer).
9. The Store reserves the right to verify the order and cancel it in cases justifying doubts as to the possibility of order fulfillment by the Store. In such a situation, the Buyer will be immediately informed by e-mail or by phone by an employee of the Store.
10. The order is processed as follows:
a. in the case of orders paid on delivery - cash on delivery - immediately after confirming the order,
b. in the case of orders paid by bank transfer - after the total amount for the order has been credited to the Store's bank account,
c. in the case of orders paid by e-transfer and payment card (via the website) - after obtaining information about the appearance of the payment on the account.
11. The delivery time of the ordered goods consists of the order completion time and the time needed for the GLS courier to deliver the shipment to the address indicated by the Buyer.
12. In the event of unavailability of some products from the order, the Store will inform the Buyer by e-mail or by phone by an employee of the Store. In this case, the Buyer may decide on the further method of order fulfillment - partial implementation of available products, extending the waiting time, canceling the order. In the absence of a response from the Buyer within 7 days, the Store reserves the right to send available items in the order or cancel the order.
13. In the case of orders sent abroad, only payment in advance is accepted.
14. If the payment is not settled within 14 days from the date of placing the order, for orders paid by bank transfer or paid by e-transfer and payment card, the Store reserves the right to cancel the order.
1. All products offered in the Store are brand new. They are covered by the manufacturer's warranty and warranty.
2. A detailed list of products with unit prices is available on the Store's website.
3. The proof of purchase in the Store is a retail VAT invoice sent to the Buyer together with the purchased product and confirmation of the order sent to the Buyer by e-mail in accordance with the provisions of point II.6 of the Regulations.
IV. Delivery and collection of goods
1. Delivery takes place via the GLS courier company.
2. On the day of sending the package, the Buyer will receive information by e-mail about the completion of the order.
3. The customer is obliged to check the condition of the shipment upon receipt in the presence of an employee of the courier company, immediately submit a relevant complaint to the shipping company and inform the Store about this fact. The store does not reserve the time of delivery of the goods.
4. The store does not deliver goods on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
5. If the courier does not find anyone at the indicated delivery address, he should leave a notice.
6. The courier company will retry the delivery for three consecutive working days from the date of leaving the advice note.
7. In addition to the address, the bill of lading includes the contact telephone number provided by the Buyer when placing the order, which allows the Courier to contact him before attempting to deliver the package. The courier is not obliged to contact you by phone at the first attempt to deliver the parcel.
V. Complaints and returns
1. The provisions of chapter V "Complaints and returns" regarding the rights to withdraw from the contract, warranty and the right to complain are available to Buyers who are consumers or entrepreneurs with consumer rights.
2. An entrepreneur with consumer rights is a natural person concluding a contract directly related to his business activity, when the content of this contract shows that it is not of a professional nature for him, resulting in particular from the subject of his business activity, made available on the basis of the provisions on Central Register and Information on Economic Activity.
3. The buyer who is a consumer or an entrepreneur with consumer rights may resign (by withdrawing from the contract) from the goods purchased in the Store without giving a reason, by submitting a relevant statement in writing within 14 days from the date of receipt of the shipment.
4. The deadline to withdraw from the contract expires after 14 days from the date on which the Buyer came into possession of the purchased goods or on which a third party other than the carrier and indicated by the Buyer came into possession of the goods (the date of receipt of the goods).
5. In order to exercise the right to withdraw from the contract, the Buyer must inform the Store about his decision by an unequivocal statement, e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail. For this purpose, the Buyer may use the model statement attached to the Regulations, however, it is not obligatory.
6. In order to meet the deadline for withdrawal from the contract, it is enough for the Buyer to send information regarding the exercise of the buyer's right to withdraw from the contract before the deadline for withdrawal from the contract.
7. Immediately after receiving the statement of withdrawal from the contract, the store confirms the receipt of the statement to the Buyer by e-mail.
8. The buyer who withdraws from the contract is obliged to return the goods, in an unchanged state, no later than within 14 days from the date of submitting the declaration of withdrawal from the contract.
9. Within 21 days from the date the Store receives the return of the goods, the Store will transfer to the Buyer's bank account from which the payment for the goods was made an amount equal to the value of the purchased goods + shipping costs to the Buyer, if any.
10. The Buyer bears the costs of returning the goods to the Store as a result of submitting a declaration of withdrawal from the contract.
11. Returns and complaints should be sent to the address LivCo Corsetti Fashion sp. j., ul. Wenedów 1A, 75-846 Koszalin
12. The Seller shall immediately, but not later than within 14 days (in the case of Consumers and entrepreneurs acting on consumer rights), consider complaints. The response will be sent to the Customer's e-mail address or otherwise indicated by the Customer.
VI. Final Provisions
1. All trademarks and company names found on the website have been used for informational purposes only and are the sole property of these companies.
2. The data provided by the Customer during registration and ordering are confidential and used by the company (LivCo Corsetti Fashion sp. j. with its registered office in Koszalin, ul. Wenedów 1A, 75-846 Koszalin only for the purposes of handling and completing transactions made in the shop.
4. In matters not covered by the above regulations, the relevant provisions of the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights, the Civil Code and other laws shall apply.
5. The Store reserves the right to change the prices of goods on offer, introduce new goods to the Store's offer, carry out and cancel promotional campaigns on the Store's websites or make changes to them. This does not apply to complex orders.
1. The Seller enables Users to subscribe to the newsletter in order to receive digital content to the indicated e-mail address, constituting information contained in e-mails sent from the Seller ("Digital Content"), as well as commercial information regarding the Goods offered by the Seller and organized promotions ("Newsletter") in exchange for Users providing their personal data. Subscribing to the Newsletter may constitute the conclusion of a contract for the supply of digital content if the user is a Consumer or an Entrepreneur with Consumer Rights.
2. The newsletter does not have to be and is not delivered to Users on a regular basis. The time of delivery of individual content to the Users as part of the Newsletter is decided each time by the Seller, depending on whether the Seller's offer has changed, whether new promotions or discounts have been introduced, or other events affecting the Seller's offer, about which the Seller wants to inform, have occurred.
3. In order to subscribe to the Newsletter (concluding a contract for the supply of digital content), the User provides his e-mail address on the Seller's website in the dedicated Newsletter subscription window.
4. Selecting the "Subscribe" option after providing the required data referred to in point 3 above is tantamount to consent to receive commercial information regarding the livcocorsetti.eu online store, run by LivCo Corsetti Fashion sp. j. with its registered office in Koszalin , ul. Wenedów 1A, 75-846 Koszalin.
5. In order to receive the Newsletter, the User is not obliged to provide services other than providing personal data in the form of an e-mail address.
7. The User may unsubscribe from the Newsletter (terminate the agreement) at any time, as well as withdraw from the agreement for the supply of Digital Content within 14 days of its conclusion, by selecting the "Unsubscribe from receiving the Newsletter" option available via the link in the footer of each message e-mail received as part of the Newsletter service and providing your e-mail address to which the Newsletter is sent.
8. When terminating the contract, the User may, but does not have to, provide a reason for resigning from the service.
1. The User using the Services and receiving Digital Content as part of the Newsletter has the right to file a complaint if the Digital Content or Digital Services are inconsistent with the contract.
2. The complaint may be made in electronic form and sent by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or made in writing and sent to the following address: LivCo Corsetti Fashion sp. j. with its registered office in Koszalin, ul. Wenedów 1A, 75-846 Koszalin.
3. The complaint should include data enabling identification of the User, i.e. name, surname, e-mail address, as well as the subject of the complaint, description of non-compliance with the contract and the date of its discovery, request related to the complaint. In the absence of any of the above data, the Seller may ask the User to complete them if it is not possible to recognize the complaint.
4. Complaints are considered within 14 (fourteen) days from the date of receipt of the complaint by the Seller, of which the User will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address provided by the User or SMS to the telephone number provided by the User or by post to the address indicated by the User.
Sample statement of withdrawal from a distance contract
Place, date ………………..
LivCo Corsetti Fashion sp. j., ul. Wenedów 1A, 75-846 Koszalin
Declaration of withdrawal from the contract
I / We(x) ……………………………………………….. hereby inform / inform (x) about my / our (x) withdrawal from the contract of sale of the following items ………… …………………………………………
Date of receipt of goods ………………………………………………………
Signature(s) of the Buyer(s)
(x) delete as appropriate